Thursday 16 February 2023

February Card Challenge, Day 16

Having missed two days through illness, I'm back at last. Today's cards are based on another of Nancy's Mystery Stamping sessions, but I didn't follow her instructions exactly. Basically I cut out the materials, as required, then did my own thing with them. I will show the measurements below.

I have some new Designer Series Paper to play with, plus three new stamp sets. So keep an eye out for those.

The DSP for today is one of the free Sale-a-Bration packs, Dandy Designs Designer Series Paper. It contains 48 sheets with 4 each of 12 double-sided designs. Lots of lovely basic patterns. Because it's such a big pack, you need to make a $180 purchase to qualify for this set for free, but it's totally worth it.


The stamp set I used today is called Best Day. It's a really cute birthday set.


Cards 1 and 2 Measurements

These two use the same pieces but adhered in the opposite directions. The measurements are:

Basic White Thick Cardstock (card base): 4 x 11⅝ (A4 cut in half longways).

Basic White Cardstock (stamping piece): 2½” x 4”

Designer Series Paper: 2” x 3¾”

Coloured Cardstock (mat): 2¾” x 4¼”

Card 1


Card 2


Doesn't quite fit across the card so I may have to trim it. But I think it will fit into an envelope.

Cards 3 and 4 Measurements

These two look totally different to each other, simply due to the placement of the cardstock and DSP. 

Basic White Thick Cardstock (card base): 4 x 11⅝ (A4 cut in half longways). Note: I actually made these as normal portrait cards, so A4 cut in half at  5⅞”, scored at 4".

Basic White Cardstock (stamping piece): 1⅝” x 5½”

Designer Series Paper: 3” x 5½”

Coloured Cardstock (mat 1): 2” x 5½”

Coloured Cardstock (mat 2): 1¾” x 5½”

In retrospect I should have reversed the colours of the mats so that they stood out better.

Card 3


Card 4


There you have it. Play with placement, it can make a huge difference.

See you tomorrow.

Happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment