Monday 27 February 2023

February Card Challenge, Day 27

I am so very thankful that I had some of Nancy Hoetker's Mystery Stamping instructions written down. This is the last of Nancy's cards that I'll be using and I wouldn't have had nearly enough designs without her.

I've made two each of the two designs. I'll provide the measurements and instructions below.

Card 1

I used Dandy Designs Designer Series Paper and Season of Chic Stamp Set. I love the bright colours together.

Card 2

This one uses Texture Chic Specialty Designer Series Paper and Something Fancy Stamp Set. It's cool how different Designer Series Paper can make such a difference to the look of the card.


Measurements and Instructions for Cards 1 and 2

Coloured Cardstock (card base): 14.9 x 21 cm (half A4)

Same Coloured Cardstock (band): 1.7 x 10.5 cm

Designer Series Paper - 4 different designs: 5 x 6.5 cm (You could just use 2 different designs and place them diagonally on the card front)

Basic White Cardstock (mats): 10 x 14.4 cm (cut two pieces), plus scrap for stamping

1. Add the four pieces of DSP to each corner of one of the Basic White layers. There will be a gap in the middle. [TIP: I used my Paper Trimmer to line everything up. I placed the white piece in the bottom left corner of the trimmer and then placed the DSP, butting both pieces up to the corner.]

2. Glue the band across the gap in the middle of the card and trim the ends to fit. You could use ribbon here instead. 

3. Add that Basic White/DSP/Ribbon layer to the Coloured Cardstock card base.

4. Stamp a sentiment on Basic White scrap and cut it out with dies or punches or Trimmer.

5. Create a mat for your sentiment layer using the Coloured Cardstock scrap. Adhere them together with flat adhesive. [Note: I didn't make a mat for Card 1 because the sentiment was so narrow].

6. Add the sentiment layer with Stampin' Dimensionals

7. Add embellishments, if desired.

8. Place the remaining Basic White piece inside the card with flat adhesive. You can stamp on it if you wish.

Card 3

I used Ready to Ride Designer Series Paper and Enjoy the Rhythm Stamp Set. I love the black roses.

Card 4

I used Ready to Ride Designer Series Paper again but this time I added one from the Love Cats Stamp Set.


Measurements and Instructions for Cards 3 and 4

Coloured Cardstock (card base): 14.9 x 21 cm (half A4)

Designer Series Paper: 10 x 11.9 cm

Designer Series Paper (different): 2 x 3.5 cm, cut three pieces

Basic White Cardstock (mats): 10 x 14.4 cm. 6.5 x 9.5 cm

1. Place the large DSP piece towards the bottom of the card front. There will be about 2 cm above the DSP.

2. Stamp an image and a sentiment on the smaller Basic White piece.

3. Add the 3 pieces of different DSP to the BACK of the stamped Basic White layer so that it looks like three pieces of ribbon hanging off the bottom. They can be straight, criss-crossed, however you like. I snipped the bottoms of them on Card 4 to make them look like pennants.

[TIP: To make an even V cut, snip up the centre of the piece and then cut from each corner to the top of the snip.]

4. Using Stampin' Dimensionals, add the stamped Basic White layer to the front of the card in the centre of the DSP but 5mm from the top of the card. (Note: I placed it so that the top and sides were the same distance).

 5. Add embellishments as required.

6. Add the remaining Basic White layer to the inside of the card.

Only one day to go! See you tomorrow.

Happy crafting.



No comments:

Post a Comment