Monday 20 February 2023

February Card Challenge, Day 20

Today I based my cards on Nancy's first Mystery Card video. Being her first, she only used one design. The original design used a white card base but I've chosen to use a coloured card base. Measurements at the end

The DSP I used today is the ever-popular (with me) Texture Chic Specialty Designer Series Paper. Minimal stamping again, just a couple of sentiments from the Something Fancy Stamp Set.

Card 1


Card 2


They actually look better in real life, the flash has washed out some of the colour.

Basically there are three panels of DSP plus the sentiment panel and you just adhere them to the card base. I used Stampin' Dimensionals for the sentiment panels.

Coloured Cardstock 

Card Base: 14.9 x 21 cm, scored at 10.5 cm (half A4)

Mats: 6.8 x 13.9 cm, 5.8 x 12.4 cm, 3.8 x 9 cm, 3.5 x 6 cm.

Basic White Cardstock 

Main mat: 14.4 x 10 cm

Sentiment Label: 3.2 x 5.7 cm

Designer Series Paper (Three different designs): 6.5 x 13.6 cm, 5.5 x 12.1 cm, 3.5 x 8.7 cm. Be aware of whether the pieces will be portrait or landscape.

Instructions

1. Adhere the DSP pieces to their respective mats

2. Stamp the sentiment onto the small piece of white cardstock, then adhere it to its mat.

3. Place the largest DSP layer to the left side of the card. 

4. Place the middle DSP layer to the right side of the card.

5. Place the small DSP layer somewhere in the middle area of the card, either portrait or landscape.

6. Place the sentiment layer wherever you want it. As I mentioned, I used Stampin' Dimensionals to give it a bit of height.

So that's it for today. I don't know if it's all the card-making but my right wrist is giving me grief. I'll persevere for now, fingers crossed it will get better quickly.

See you tomorrow.

Happy crafting.


No comments:

Post a Comment